Ski the Sierra Buttes
GUIDED SKIING & BOARDING
Ski, Board, or Snowshoe in the grandeur of the Sierra Buttes!
We'll shuttle you.
We'll guide you.
And we can even outfit you with equipment.
The Sierra Buttes are an amazing piece of topography.
Especially when you look at them from a skier or snowboarder’s perspective.
Downieville outfitters is now offering custom backcountry trips for skiers and snowboarders.
Strong intermediate downhill skills, good physical condition, and a positive attitude are all that are required.
A typical day of Skiing the Buttes begins with a 9am meet up and orientation. You’ll be outfitted with gear for the day, if needed, at that time. We’ll be out on the snow for between 4 and 8 hours, depending on the group’s goals. A lunch with snacks and 2 - 3 liters of water is highly recommended.
We can also customize any trip to suit your goals, so contact us to learn more and reserve your trip now!
$275 - individual rate, including all gear
- All day guided backcountry tour
- beacon, shovel, probe
- AT skis w/ skins or Splitboard w/ skins
- boots and poles
$200 - 2 person rate, incl. all gear
$175 - 3 or more rate, incl. all gear
Rates will be adjusted for folks who have their own gear.
Daron Huck, 34 years old
- Skiing the Sierra Buttes for 10 years
- AIARE Certified, Levels I and II Avalanche training
- WFR, CPR, First Aid
- Insured for backcountry ski guiding
- Permitted by Tahoe National Forest for ski guiding
- Skied extensively in California’s High Sierra (Mt. Whitney, Mt. Williamson, Mt. Langley, Checkered Demon, N. Couloir Mt. Emerson, Sierra High Route)
- First descents in Alaska’s Neacola Mountains
- Worked for Downieville Outfitters since 2001
- Insured and permitted mountain bike guide
STARTING WINTER 2011-2012
For more information, call or email us
The ride up.